Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Not a good day.....  (Read 2497 times)

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
Re: Not a good day.....
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 10:44:33 AM »

So Dad left when he found out about Mom and the Panda.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 10:57:03 AM »

Liked the panda one :rofl:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 11:06:16 AM »

Liked the panda one :rofl:
:agree:

Thanks for the pics. Connie.

NoMercy, I am sorry to hear about your dog passing.  We all know that they will die in time, but it still hurts.
'02 1800C

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 11:13:04 AM »

Wow. Sorry to hear it. I have lost a few friends along the way too. I know how you feel.

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 01:53:18 PM »

Thanks every one for the messages.

Lucky, Your gonna make me go and grab a paper towell. Cool pics.

This was my Shelby..
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »

She looks like a sweet present to me
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »

Eric,

Sorry to hear the news.  They are family members, for sure!  I hope she lived a long life.

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2009, 10:22:25 AM »

Eric, sorry to hear of losing Shelby. This was shared with me when I lost my best friend 1 1/2 ago.
Thought I'd pass it along.

An old man and his dog were walking down a dirt road with fences on either side.
The country they were travelling through was strange to them and a little unsettling.

On both the left and right the man saw a magnificent panorama of fields, streams, hills and valleys - just the sort of country a man and his dog
can only dream of - but all long the fences on either side large "NO
TRESPASSING - KEEP OUT" signs were posted every few feet, so they walked on.

Soon the two companions came to a magnificent gate chased with gold and encrusted with precious stones. An imposing figure in a flowing robe of the purest white stood there beside it.

"Welcome to Heaven" the man in the robe said.

The old man was stunned beyond words. He hadn't even realized that he
was dead! At least, he thought, his hound, the closest friend he had in all
the world, had made the trip with him. With a sigh and a smile, the old
man started through the gate with his dog at his side, but the gatekeeper
stopped him.

"Dogs aren't allowed." he said. "I'm sorry but he can't come in here with you. He'll have to stay out on the road."

"What kind of Heaven won't allow dogs?" asked the old man. "If he can't come in, then I won't either. I'll just stay out here with him. He's been my friend all his life. I can't walk away from him now."

"Suit yourself," said the robed figure, "but I have to warn you, the Devil's on this road and he'll try to sweet talk you into his place. He'll promise you anything to get you inside, but the dog can't go there either. If you won't leave the dog, you'll spend Eternity on this road. There's no room in Heaven or in Hell for a man's dog."

So the old man and his dog went on their way.

In time, they came to a rundown fence with a gap in it - no gate, just a hole where a few boards had fallen off or been removed. Another old man, humble in appearance, was fishing in a pond just inside the fence. The man and his dog stopped at the gap. "Excuse me, Sir", the old man said. "My dog and I have been on this road for a long time now. We're getting mighty tired. Mind if we come in and sit for a spell?" "Of course!" said the man inside the fence. " Come right on through.

There's some cold water under that tree over there. He gestured toward a huge old oak tree with majestically spreading branches. At it's roots a bubbling spring rose, cool and refreshing. "Make yourselves comfortable. You're welcome to stay as long as you please."

"You're sure my dog can come in, now?" the old man asked. "The man down the road said dogs weren't allowed anywhere around here."

"Would you come in if you had to leave the dog?" asked the fisherman.

"No sir, I would not!" the old man replied. "That's why I didn't go to Heaven back down the road. The man there said my dog couldn't come in with me." He shrugged and continued. "We'll be spending Eternity on this road, I suppose, just the two of us. A glass of cold water and some shade would be mighty fine right about now, but I won't come in if it means my friend here has to wait on the road."

The man behind the fence smiled a big smile and said, "Welcome to Heaven, friend."

"Hold on, now! You mean THIS is Heaven?" asked the old man, quite surprised. "Dogs ARE allowed? How come that fellow down the road told me different?"

"That was the Devil back there." St. Peter replied, for indeed, the old,
ordinary seeming man behind the fence was none other. "He gets all the
people who are willing to give up a lifelong companion for a little comfort. They soon find out their mistake, but by then it's too late."

"The dogs can still come in here," he continued, " but the selfish people stay back there. God wouldn't allow dogs to be banned from Heaven. After all, He created them to be man's companions in life, how could he separate them in death?"

A smile that went from ear to ear broke out on the old man's face. He reached down to his side, ruffled the fur on his dog's head and said, "C'mon, boy!" And with that, the two of them passed through to the other side of the fence.

The two of them walked up the gentle rise to where the shade of the oak and the cool water from the spring awaited their coming.

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2009, 10:25:37 AM »

:thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hipshot

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney, TX
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
02 1800C

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 01:01:18 PM »

LoneWolf, Thanks for that story. I had not yet heard that one.

Hipshot, The Rainbow Bridge has always been one of my favorites.
I became familiar with it when my cat Buddy passed away and we
took him to Little Friends Pet Memorial. It was hanging on the wall
in their office. It gives one great hope and relief. I can't read it
without getting a tear in my eye.

I believe that our pets have souls. How could someone with so
much personality not be destined for heaven.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

Dusty

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 03:05:34 PM »

I have a friend who had a Springer Spaniel who was up in years and had arthritis. Very smart dog that you could not force to go in the house. He would fight tooth and nail if you tried to take him inside.
One night, while one of her kids was coming in, this dog followed the kid in. Everyone was in shock. The dog methodically went to every member of the family. Even went to the back of the house to the teenage girls bedroom who was too good to show attention to a dog. He spent time with her as well. After the hour visit in the house, he wanted back outside. The following afternoon, he was standing by the side of the road like he had done a million time before. He was street wise about cars and traffic. A neighbor came down the road in his truck and that dog stood there and at the last minute walked out in front of that truck. He was killed instantly. I had never herd of a dog committing suicide, but with his behavior the night before. We all think that's what he did. He was tired of hurting and went out the only way he knew how.

Sorry for your loss, I too have had several good buddies through the years and miss them all.

nomercyambulance

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 05:43:57 PM »

Eric,

Sorry to hear the news.  They are family members, for sure!  I hope she lived a long life.

She did. I had her for over 15 years. I have to say, I was not ready for her to go.
Proud to be an American.
If you are not, LEAVE!!

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 06:57:54 AM »

Eric,

She did. I had her for over 15 years. I have to say, I was not ready for her to go.

Sounds like she had a very good and very long life, and that's all any of us can wish for. I said goodbye to Stevie last July, after 16 years of her living with me, and approximately 17 years on the planet, (rescue foster that I just couldn't give up, so don't know the exact age). I made the decision to have the vet come to the house, and it was easily in the Top 5 toughest decisions I have ever made. Her quality of life just wasn't there anymore, and we always owe them the decency to go out with their dignity.

I wish you the best, and, as a HUGE fan and supporter of rescue orgs and humane societies, just want to say that, when you are ready, there will be a dog on the other side of a kennel door, eager to play fetch! :thumbup:
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 11:36:58 AM »

I wish you the best, and, as a HUGE fan and supporter of rescue orgs and humane societies, just want to say that, when you are ready, there will be a dog on the other side of a kennel door, eager to play fetch! Quote by JM

That's so true.  :thumbup: :thumbup:
I know nothing can take Shelby's place right now and she'll always be in your heart even when another has come to live with you. The next one you'll love just as much, take Shelby's place, no, but they will make a room in your heart that's just as warm in their own little way.
What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal