Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: exhaust choice question??  (Read 742 times)

gilbertj77080

• Rider
  • 2008 VTX T SPEC2
    • www.sons-of-texas.com
exhaust choice question??
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:46:40 PM »

i have a VTX 1800 T  i am installing a k-n air filter and a pcmIII and i have a choice of either hard kromes 3" big straights or vance and hines big-shots. any ideas (good or bad) on which one to pick? thanks ???
Sons of Texas MTA,  Bayou City Gamblers Chapter, Treasurer.  also Texas Defender for my chapter, helping to keep our rights safe in texas.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
Re: exhaust choice question??
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:48:21 PM »

It really is a personal preference.  I have heard the Big Shots on several 1800s, and it is one of the best sounding pipes out there for the 1800.  If you don't mind not being very unique (many people have them), I would get them.  I don't think I've heard the HK 3" on an 1800, but they sre sound sweet on the single-pin 1300!  ;D

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 11:46:49 PM »

I have the V & H Big Shots with Big City Thunder Monster Baffles. I think they sound great. Best way to choose is to go to a meet and greet and listen to them in person.

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 04:33:46 AM »

I wanna say that with the v & h you can run different baffles in them, and the hk don't have this option. 

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:57 AM »

I wanna say that with the v & h you can run different baffles in them, and the hk don't have this option. 

Actually, you have two extra baffle choices with the HK 3".  HK sells a straight-thru baffle (louder than stock baffle), and then a guy on the VTXOA board makes a custom baffle which deepens the tone of the pipes.  I run his baffle in my HK K-2s, and they sound awesome!  8)

VTreX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Rubythroatedhumming VT-reX Temple TX
    • http://www.patriotguard.org/photos/listpics.asp?a=show&ID=395
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

I think V-H big shots are the only after market ehaust that give better performence #S
03-C U-green It is neither those in the round nor the square that reach the top, but those in the spiral.... Now have added a red ''07 Gold Wing with everything except an AIRBAG!!  SOLD THE WING  SAD DAY!!

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:01:01 PM »

Actually, you have two extra baffle choices with the HK 3".  HK sells a straight-thru baffle (louder than stock baffle), and then a guy on the VTXOA board makes a custom baffle which deepens the tone of the pipes.  I run his baffle in my HK K-2s, and they sound awesome!  8)

Do they have them for the side burners?

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

ruger9mm

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 10:19:17 AM »

:couch:   Who uses baffles!!  Pipes are a matter of personal choice, I have the big shots on my 1300.
William
06 1300 Retro

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal