Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Passenger Floor boards  (Read 3202 times)

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
Passenger Floor boards
« on: July 19, 2006, 02:41:52 PM »

I am looking for a set of passenger floor boards that will not cost me an arm and a leg. All the one's I keep finding are 150+, That is a little to much for me. Any one found anything better?
Thanks
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

Honest officer .... I aint driving fast ..... just flying low ....

"I'll keep my money, my freedom and my guns, You can keep the "change"."

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
Re: Passenger Floor boards
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »

Where did you find them for $15O ???  I have been loking and $239 is the best I found. :'(

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 03:08:17 PM »

JCWHITNEY had a set for about 60 in their catalog. I don't see it on the web site though. I bought some, and there was a post here on them not long ago. You might try the search function.
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 03:54:29 PM »

I found them at JC Whitney for the Goldwing and Shadow, none for the VTX :'(

Snake Doc

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • San Antonio
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:27:12 PM »

JCWHITNEY had a set for about 60 in their catalog. I don't see it on the web site though. I bought some, and there was a post here on them not long ago. You might try the search function.

Someone on the boards had the J C Whitney passenger boards and they looked pretty good.  His only complaint was they did not lock in the up position.  He could flip them up but the first bump would deploy them to ready.
My three favorite boxers:
1905-1974 James J. "Cinderella Man" Braddock
2006 Goldwing Nav
2020 Subaru Forester Touring

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »

The only ones I found for that price are for the Harleys.
Thanks
Catching a yellow-jacket in your shirt at seventy miles per hour can double your vocabulary.

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 08:07:31 AM »

Yeah couldabeen, The physical catalog they send out for motorcycles has them in there, but they aren't on the website. They aren't pretty if flipped up without tweaking them a little... but for 60 bucks... go figure.
     420! Yeah, baby!

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

Do you think the ones for the Wing might fit? :-\

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 09:22:30 AM »

Not sure Bobb, Its been a few years since I got these, actually ready to get another set, I think. I dont have a JC motorcycle catalog at the present... been too long since I ordered something I guess. When I ordered them, I don't remember any concern of whether they would fit or not. It seems like they may have been for a 1100 shadow, if it specified, which would work for us, at any rate.
     420! Yeah, baby!

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 11:27:47 AM »

Researched a little Bobb, they are the ones for the goldwing, http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2002562/p-2002562/N-111+10211+600014704/c-10111

64.95 Now.

They are also available from shadetreepowersports.com part 70-48 for 49.99http://www.shadetreemotorcycle.com/cgi-bin/F0DE48C4/mac/additmdtl.mac/showItemDetail?loadItem=70-48&loadItemProcessed=

They look like this:

Not pretty flipped up, but, you can pop 'em on only when needed. I have the cyclistics extenders that drop them down about 2.5 inches and forward about 1.5 inch.

420! Yeah, baby!

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 12:08:56 PM »

Snake:  Thanks, I'm going to order them and find a way to get them to work. :-\ :-\

CouldBFaster

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 12:45:11 PM »

Thanks Alot I will let you know how they go on, Or what I had to do to make them fit

┌П┐ (•_•)┌П┐

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 12:54:39 PM »

Tracking them down, I found that they are made by emgo

They are adjustable (forward to rear angle), side angle can be adjusted by you using shims, if nothing else. Even if you use (I suggest) the little 7 X 10 "replacement mirrors from wal-mart (they are plastic, but look like high quality chrome), and cut inserts to fit underneath the floorboard for when its flipped up, you still have the "support" ledge that stops the boards sticking out, but not much, about two inches. The bolts that come with them do not weather well over time and are best replaced with Stainless bolts. Of course, your bike will most likely never get the open, never covered treatment that mine endures, so the galvanized bolts that come with it may hold up ten years or better for you.
     420! Yeah, baby!

BobB

• Old Timer
  • Cypress, TX
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 01:16:20 PM »

" never get the open, never covered treatment that mine endures, so the galvanized bolts that come with it may hold up ten years or better for you."  Good point.  My X gets the garage and my truck gets the open treatment :D :D

snake

• What a ride it's been!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 01:48:49 PM »

My bike will end up being the "rode hard and not put up wet, just left out wet" example. It get's ridden constantly, and while it does recieve regular maintenance, it doesn't get washed but about once a month, I do hard countersteering most of the time, hard takeoffs and heavy braking...Probably hit 100 almost everyday at some point, I'm not a "model" rider. Never have used wax on it even. Not anything to brag about, just hard facts. Mine will come in in the "least pampered" section, just barely ahead of or just entering the "abused" section. But hey, someone has to see how well they'll hold up under less than optimum conditions, right? Otherwise, we'll only know how pampered rides weather the miles/years. When/if it  breaks down on me someday, I'll be the one to warn you not to treat your bike this way! 47 K and counting.
     420! Yeah, baby!

Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal