Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1935 times)

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
What would you do?
« on: February 03, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »

I live in some apartments.  There is a guy that lives across the parking lot from me & has a VTX1300.  He works A LOT, I actually haven't seen the bike move in over a year.  He parks it by the curb on the road that runs by our apartments.  Well, 1 of those orange tags (disabled vehicle what not) popped up on it yesterday, so I called the office to tell them to tyr and let him know.  I told them if needed, I could move it and park it in the same covered spot as my bike.  Well, they got a hold of his mother, but not him, and relayed the message of "thanks so much for moving the bike for him"  So I go to move it today when I got home, but it has the column locked.  I hate to see it get towed, can't get a hold of him as he is on a rig or something of that nature, and his mom thinks I got it taken care of.  I'm not worried about it getting towed or someone getting mad cause I said I would move it and didn't, but I want to try to protect this VTX from being towed...

What would you do?

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:05:41 PM »

get a hold of the mother again an tell her you need the combo, or just cut the lock.

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »

Tell the office to contact the mom again and see if she has a key.  Make sure to tell the office to stress to her that this is a time sensitive issue.
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »

If you have a floor creeper ( The thing that a person lays on the works under a car) Put the front wheel on it and have a friend push you!!  :thumbup: Or have the friend tie a rope onto the creeper and pull you!!  :thumbup:
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 07:39:23 PM »

Michael...try a piano dolly and block-up the bike on top of it.  A couple of 4x4's would probably be tall enough on top of the dolly.  You can then just roll it to the covered area.
Bobby
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:33:25 PM »

If you have a floor creeper ( The thing that a person lays on the works under a car) Put the front wheel on it and have a friend push you!!  :thumbup: Or have the friend tie a rope onto the creeper and pull you!!  :thumbup:

I don't have one of those but have used my son's skate board to move a number of heavy things. Works pretty good just need to be able to balance it ;)

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 07:32:41 AM »

Your a good Guy Murray.  I don't care what anyone says about you.  :good:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:44:42 AM »

Your a good Guy Murray.  I don't care what anyone says about you.

Neither does he.

O0 ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:05:48 AM »

Shoot...do what I do when snagging another 1300 just laying around...ride a wheelie until you get it home!  >:D

You're doing a great deed for someone else!  We need more people like you!  :thumbup:

RocknRoll

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Kingwood, TX
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 09:10:55 AM »

Its a Honda.  Just drag the thing where you want it and cut the rope! :stickpoke:

Unless it is ORANGE.  Then - kid gloves, love, tender touching, kisses and it will move for you!  Right Jason?
Wanna make God laugh?  -  Tell him your plans!

Wanna make God angry?  -  Treat Him with indifference!

Demon

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »

have a BBQ at your place this weekend and if the bike is still there I'm sure some of the guys here will help you move it... FYI i like to drink dos XX beer..   :P

txvtxn

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 11:25:57 AM »

Do you know anyone that owns a motorcycle jack?  I had to move my neighbors bike out of the way one day and used his jack because he had the column locked as well.  Just remember to strap it down before starting to roll it across the parking lot!

Ride SAFE.  Don't put your ego before your brains.

tom cat

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »

You are going to do the right thing, even if, no good deed goes unpunished. See ya soon.   

murray_61

• Board
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Hobe Sound, FL
    • facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 02:53:07 AM »

Your a good Guy Murray.  I don't care what anyone says about you.

Neither does he.

O0 ;)

haha! 

Well, I was on my own, so I couldn't get it moved.  Then I've been caught in a bind at work til about 30min. ago...  I expected the apartment to be notified by the tower, but I guess either they weren't or said go ahead and move it.  I feel for the guy, I'll see if I can get the apt. to have his mother call me, and I'll go pick it up before the impound fees start racking up big time. 

Have trailer...  Will haul...

iluvink

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 12:09:29 PM »

You are going to do the right thing, even if, no good deed goes unpunished. See ya soon.   

Whatever you do or don't do, I would tread lightly on moving someone else's bike, even if he was a good friend.  When you do, anything and everything that happens to that bike becomes your fault.  Some people are very funny about these things.  Even the best intentions can blow up in your face.  my $.02   
Pages: [1] 2

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal