Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Inspection Stickers  (Read 4544 times)

Underdog

• Tejano
Inspection Stickers
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:36:13 AM »

What are the rules in Texas on inspection stickers on a motorcycle? I am thinking of getting a nicer license plate holder for the 1300R but wanted to know what the rules were in regards to the inspection sticker.
Jim
"If you work for a man, and he provides you a paycheck, speak well of him and the company he created. If you cannot, resign your position, and once outside the door complain to your heart's content." -- Author Unknown

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
Re: Inspection Stickers
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:52:39 AM »

basically, as it's been told to me from a Katy police officer, it just has to be visible somewhere on the bike with out having to actually search for it.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

j1mmyj4m

• The Shocker
  • Administrator
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Deer Park, Tx
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »

TRC ยง548.255.

ATTACHMENT OR PRODUCTION OF INSPECTION CERTIFICATE.

(a) An inspection certificate shall be attached to or produced for a vehicle in the manner required by department rule.

(b) The department shall:

(1) require that a certificate for a motorcycle be attached to the rear of the motorcycle near the license plate; and

(2) adopt rules with respect to display of an inspection certificate for a moped.

Chunk the llama.

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:59:32 AM »

I have large bags to cover mine; its on the inside of the left shock.
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

tdapple

• Tejano
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 11:02:17 AM »

not very legit, but i have mine stuck to the inside of the false cover where your tool kit goes. Havent been bugged yet.
Tim Apple
VTX 1300s National Cycle 2-up and clayton mod.

Demon

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 11:07:34 AM »

some say that as long as you have in on the bike you are cool... I know someone that rode for 2 years with out a current inspection sticker or registration and never had a problem...  ::)

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »

I just installed the 90 degree plate on my bottom shock bolt. My sticker expired in April.  :bikerider:

sparkp

• Tejano
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 11:32:02 AM »

I keep mine on the inside of the left cover. Haven't had a problem yet but then again, haven't been pulled over yet either.

Underdog

• Tejano
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2009, 12:37:47 PM »

I just want to get rid of that ugly plate holder with the built in tab for the sticker and get something that looks a little better. But at the same time I don't want to give the police a reason to pull me over.
Jim
"If you work for a man, and he provides you a paycheck, speak well of him and the company he created. If you cannot, resign your position, and once outside the door complain to your heart's content." -- Author Unknown

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »

Have my inspection on a bracket made by Torque that is on my swing arm. Here is a pic of my old bike and have the same plate on my new one!
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:30 PM »

I bought my bike in 05 and havent ever had it inspected......  Maybe this is the year!

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

Underdog

• Tejano
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2009, 12:46:58 PM »

Have my inspection on a bracket made by Torque that is on my swing arm. Here is a pic of my old bike and have the same plate on my new one!

That looks nice and is still quite visible.
Jim

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 12:47:18 PM »

I don't think they will pull you over for inspection.  I rode thru to many cops at rallies & here in downtown Austin with no inspection & plates out of date for 8 months.
Never had a problem & the inside of the cover is definitely not legit because it is hidden.  :stickpoke:  :bikerider:
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally wornout, shouting..."What a Ride!"

beaux43

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • "Punxher"
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 12:48:23 PM »

VTXChad that is a neat place to have it in view!
'03 1800R
'08 GL1800 GoldWing

Underdog

• Tejano
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 12:51:14 PM »

Chad,
Does it stick out (perpindicular) from the bike at all or does it lay flat against the swing arm?
Jim
Pages: [1] 2 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal