Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: cheap custom maps!!!  (Read 8896 times)

johnnycheese

• Old Timer
cheap custom maps!!!
« on: January 25, 2009, 07:45:16 AM »

VTX owners
I know I haven't posted in a bit but been busy
I actually did some changes at the shop.

so I feel stupid happy. :pot:

custom maps in Feb are 150.00
dual mapping is 175.00
 :ohwow:
Johnnycheese tuning center
512-767-4273
Builder and tuner of the fastest NA bike in Texas

Crewsn

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • leander(austin), texas
Re: cheap custom maps!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »

Damn, can't beat that. if anyone has been wanting to get the bike mapped, now is the time. Johnny knows his
sh!t when it comes to the VTX. you'd be surprised the way the bike drives when it's been properly tuned.
03 1800 C, airbox mod, K&N filter, roadhouse shorty.

Scotrod

• Tejano
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04:00 PM »

Damn, can't beat that. if anyone has been wanting to get the bike mapped, now is the time. Johnny knows his
sh!t when it comes to the VTX. you'd be surprised the way the bike drives when it's been properly tuned.

I agree 10,000%  AND, with Johnny, 'service after the sale' is an added bonus!  :flag:

Y'all need to take advantage of these prices!!!! This is a smokin' deal!!!!!!

POGOGOLF

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Jeff in GA - '02 1800 C
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:34:18 PM »

+2!!!!!!!!! 
Ride Safe!! Jeff in GA <>< I believe in Easter
'02 1800 C model - 57,000 miles and climbing

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »

I have made a reservation for February 28th to go have Johnny map my son's 1800 and Wayne is probably gonna have his done too.  We are going to make this a weekend trip to the Austin/Roundrock area.  Anyone else from the Houston area that wants to make it a road trip let me know.  Johnny's days are filling up fast due to his special running this month.  He says if you want to have this done, call soon.  I have reserved time for Saturday morning.  If you are going from the Houston area, then call him and tell him to link you up next to Connie.

Austin Xriders: would love to meet up with you guys and maybe have a M&G on Saturday night.  Anyone have a good suggestion for a place to stay in Johnny's area?
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

tdapple

• Tejano
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »

not to sound stupid, but what is getting your bike mapped?
Tim Apple
VTX 1300s National Cycle 2-up and clayton mod.

Tinman5507

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Elmo, Tx 06-18c
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »

Fuel mapping. Like the little import cars, makes them run better an faster. I may be wrong but as far as i know it only works for efi systems not carbs.

I'm good at pissing people off, just ask my wife, neighbors, or half the people on this forum.

Isorg

• Administrator
  • Texas X Rider OverLord
  • 2007 1300c, 2002 Yamaha fz1
    • Izzy's Mind
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »

I have made a reservation for February 28th to go have Johnny map my son's 1800 and Wayne is probably gonna have his done too.  We are going to make this a weekend trip to the Austin/Roundrock area.  Anyone else from the Houston area that wants to make it a road trip let me know.  Johnny's days are filling up fast due to his special running this month.  He says if you want to have this done, call soon.  I have reserved time for Saturday morning.  If you are going from the Houston area, then call him and tell him to link you up next to Connie.

Austin Xriders: would love to meet up with you guys and maybe have a M&G on Saturday night.  Anyone have a good suggestion for a place to stay in Johnny's area?

hey i could get mine mapped too..... oh..... wait.... 1300 :P

2007 1300c VTX
2002 Yamaha FZ1
2007 FJR1300

Dusty

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 05:23:54 AM »

Mr Cheese,

I have a question.

Is it possible for a map to go bad? I had my bike mapped 2 years ago and now, without any changes it seems to be running rich and fowling the right rear plug. I guess I'm wondering if bad current(old battery) or something would cause a power commander to reset itself? I guess they could wear out? Is there a expected known life span for a PC?

Bill

Demon

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 07:58:49 AM »

Mr Cheese,

I have a question.

Is it possible for a map to go bad? I had my bike mapped 2 years ago and now, without any changes it seems to be running rich and fowling the right rear plug. I guess I'm wondering if bad current(old battery) or something would cause a power commander to reset itself? I guess they could wear out? Is there a expected known life span for a PC?

Bill

+1

johnnycheese

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »

Mr Cheese,

I have a question.

Bill

sometimes the TPS will get out of synch with the pc3.
all you do is set the throttle position.
if it is not off then,
I would zero out the pc3 and then reload your map.
Johnnycheese tuning center
512-767-4273
Builder and tuner of the fastest NA bike in Texas

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:49 AM »

Unfortunately, JC is no longer doing carbed bikes!  :(  But I can understand why...they are sometimes freakin' hard to get dialed-in properly.

Demon

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 09:30:00 AM »

Mr Cheese,

I have a question.

Bill

sometimes the TPS will get out of synch with the pc3.
all you do is set the throttle position.
if it is not off then,
I would zero out the pc3 and then reload your map.

How much to do this?

you did the tunning on my bike but is not a VTX is a Harley!!!

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 11:18:46 AM »

Gabe, his special during this month is $150 for single mapping, $175 for dual mapping
"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 11:32:39 AM »

Gabe, his special during this month is $150 for single mapping, $175 for dual mapping

I think he is just wanting his pc3 checked out and reloaded, not necessarily remapped.

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal