Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Sunday - 1/18/09 Lunch/Ride  (Read 13028 times)

VTXLady53

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • New Caney,TX <>< Member since 2004
    • Marigold's Basic Webs
Re: Sunday - 1/18/09 Lunch/Ride
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2009, 12:49:32 PM »

Last night I hardwired Marigold's GPS on her bike. As I was finishing putting the tank back on she had me undo it and lift it so she could retape some of her LEDs that keep falling off. I undid every thing for her then went back to finishing the electrical connections. I forgot to reconnect the fuel and vacuum lines.

This morning she fired it up, and it died after a short time. I told her I didn't recall hooking up her fuel and vacuum lines, and I did that. Went to crank it and the battery shorted out. Fried. If I hadn't forgotten to hook up those lines she'd have been stranded on the road, and I had already committed to do a welding job today so I wouldn't have been with her.

He saved the day....That's what good husbands do..... :-*

We went to Wal-Mart and got the last battery made for my bike. ($67.95 + taxes) It has to charge for 24 hrs........... :'( :'( :'( Jim hooked it up to the battery tender.

Have a great ride.

Happy Birthday Sherri and Kandie.........
Life is too short for drama or petty things, so laugh hard, love truly and forgive quickly. Live While You Are Alive. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2009, 05:27:12 PM »

Made it home safely.  It was a great day with great people.  Nice meeting the new ones, too.  :thumbup:

sherri

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • The Woodlands
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2009, 05:27:37 PM »

Thanks. Great ride. You were missed.

sherri

If you ever see me with horns sticking out of my helmet
call an ambulance  .  .  .  .    I’ve hit a deer

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2009, 05:49:39 PM »

It was a great ride, missed ya  ;D 
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

Arch

• Old Timer
  • Tomball, TX
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2009, 06:16:04 PM »

Back safe and sound, great day and ride. One for Kebs the spyder won't out run the Harley so that made her day  :cuss: oh well we sure enjoyed ourselves, lets do it again.

Ed
We will remain the same until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change.

Demon

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2009, 06:19:30 PM »

I also made it home safe and sound... too bad my bike lost some parts, but oh well what can I expect from a Harley product...   :o

RedDragon

• Master of Monumental Proportions
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »

what can I expect from a Harley product...   :o
:-X

2005 VTX 1800C Red Tribal Flame
2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

RedDragon

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »

Enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting some new. Sorry we had to leave early, but had to be back at a certain time. BTW the cut in the windshield worked great on the way home travelling with the wind! Was very smooooooooooooth!  O0

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 09:05:07 PM »

Enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting some new. Sorry we had to leave early, but had to be back at a certain time. BTW the cut in the windshield worked great on the way home travelling with the wind! Was very smooooooooooooth!  O0
  Great seeing everyone again, Need to checkout the cut in the WS next time Dragon. Hope to see ya'll again soon.
It's all just part of the adventure!

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 10:32:20 PM »

I also made it home safe and sound... too bad my bike lost some parts, but oh well what can I expect from a Harley product...   :o

HAHAHA, Maybe if the Harley rider would properly secure things, the Harley product would arrive with all it's pieces in place!?  :banghead:  :thumbup:

DavidJ

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2009, 08:53:37 AM »

I wanted to ask you about the cut in your windshield but did not get a chance before you left.

WTF? (What's That For)  ;D

'02 1800C

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2009, 09:06:50 AM »

Not much?

Oh, that was a rhetorical question? Sorry...  ;)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

RedDragon

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »

I wanted to ask you about the cut in your windshield but did not get a chance before you left.

WTF? (What's That For)  ;D

It equalizes the back pressure on the windshield which helps with the head buffeting.

2005 Yamaha FZ1 Silver

Swampfox

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »

NO tickets

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »

This is what I ran into on the way home  :(
Traffic fatality: A fatal motorcycle accident Sunday afternoon shut down Honea-Egypt Road north of FM 1488.
The Woodlands resident David Powell, 51, was riding his newly purchased motorcycle with his son when he lost control of the bike and slid into oncoming traffic, said Department of Public Safety Trooper Mike Martin.
A Ford Taurus driven by Tomball resident Daryl Beavers, 41, struck Powell and his motorcycle as it slid into the oncoming lane of traffic.
Martin said that Powell was traveling at a safe speed and that alcohol was not involved.
The accident and investigation led to a three-hour closure of Honea-Egypt Road
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal