Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bike project...  (Read 5635 times)

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
Re: Bike project...
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:06 PM »

I'm doing most of it myself...The paint is being done by someone else. DA032 has been helping as well with the wiring and stuff....

The bars are from BR's Custom Cycles....Same place Boriqua got his bars I think. Great guy, Great quality of work, but be prepared to wait...mine took almost 9 weeks to get done....

Should be getting all the tins back from the painter sometime today...Seat should be in late this week or early next...

I thought DA had moved away!! Last time I talked to him he said something about moving up North!!Has he got married yet?? 8)

WOW! Alot has changed...I'll wait and see if he jumps in here and tell you about it....not really my place.... :c

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 04:22:20 PM »

Cleared and Buffed.....

gsboriqua

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 05:00:18 PM »

:cantbelieve:

Wow, that paint is bad freakin Cranberries!  Congrats brutha!!!

Phattened up by www.stumpwerx.com
Custom work by www.cat5customs.com

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2009, 09:38:08 AM »

I saw the tins in persons yesterday and the pix dont even do them justice!!!  That bike is going to sweet when its done!

Im still here Chad.  I havent been on the board in awhile because I was so swamped at work.

Im not moving to Charlotte as previously planned because I got laid off a couple of weeks ago and Im not getting married because Nadia decided she wanted to be "free" so we called off the engagement in Feb.  I got enough cash to last me about 11 or 12 months before I have to find a job so I'm planning on taking the summer off and just enjoying life for once!  I am planning on drive my Porsche across country in June.  Take about 3 or 4 weeks to visit friends and family back east.  Prob take a bike trip somewhere in July out west for a week or so.  Work on my house and just have fun for awhile before deciding what I want to do in the fall sometime. 

I feel like how many times in ones adult life does an opportunity to take time to truly do what you want come along at a time when you can take advantage of it?!  And then be able to remake your life how you see fit.  Truthfully, I have not been this happy in a long time!  Building bikes, hanging out with friends without the stress of work or a job doesn't suck!  Eventually, I will find another job or start a business and re-enter the rat race but for at least the next couple of months Im not even thinking about such things! 

I'll def be riding more this summer, so you'll see a lot more of me!

D.A.

matap

• Board
  • Master of Monumental Proportions
  • "Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -J.R.
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2009, 10:49:47 AM »

I saw the tins in persons yesterday and the pix dont even do them justice!!!  That bike is going to sweet when its done!

Im still here Chad.  I havent been on the board in awhile because I was so swamped at work.

Im not moving to Charlotte as previously planned because I got laid off a couple of weeks ago and Im not getting married because Nadia decided she wanted to be "free" so we called off the engagement in Feb.  I got enough cash to last me about 11 or 12 months before I have to find a job so I'm planning on taking the summer off and just enjoying life for once!  I am planning on drive my Porsche across country in June.  Take about 3 or 4 weeks to visit friends and family back east.  Prob take a bike trip somewhere in July out west for a week or so.  Work on my house and just have fun for awhile before deciding what I want to do in the fall sometime. 

I feel like how many times in ones adult life does an opportunity to take time to truly do what you want come along at a time when you can take advantage of it?!  And then be able to remake your life how you see fit.  Truthfully, I have not been this happy in a long time!  Building bikes, hanging out with friends without the stress of work or a job doesn't suck!  Eventually, I will find another job or start a business and re-enter the rat race but for at least the next couple of months Im not even thinking about such things! 

I'll def be riding more this summer, so you'll see a lot more of me!

D.A.

I know how you feel.  I got laid off too.  Taking some time to relax and work on my vintage gs550 rebuild custom cafe racer, and I'll be taking a week to head back to the hill country for some r & r.  of course taking the vtx to ride.  I'm taking about a month of myself.  fortunately, I have a job lined up for me when I return.  I wish the best for everyone that's going through the same thing.  We got to keep on truckin' brother. :boxing:
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much" - John Wayne

Lone_Wolfe

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Seattle, WA
    • My Cycle Travels
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2009, 12:27:40 PM »

Tin are looking really sweet! I hope to one day meet up with ya somewhere and get a first hand look at your completed project!  :thumbup:

xcaliber

• Board
  • Elvis
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »

yeeoww, those tins are fantastic, love the colors, sorry about the lay off and the lay  off ? better now than too later. Can't wait to see the scoot in person! Good luck!
It's all just part of the adventure!

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »

So do you have a completion date  ??? Can't wait to see it when it's done :notworthy:
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 07:34:18 AM »

So do you have a completion date  ??? Can't wait to see it when it's done :notworthy:

all I'm waiting on is the seat. It got shipped back from SLC Utah yesterday so I'm hoping to see it on Friday or Monday. The bike is an hour and a half or so from the house so I'm putting off going up there and installing the tins until the seat comes....Regardless....next week sometime I'll pics of it finalized....if I can get off of it to take time to post them!

I'll be hitting some meet and greets for sure once I'm riding again...been too long! Luckily I have generous friends who have been donating time on their scoots to keep me from going insane...riding a Street Glide right now with a SE113 motor in it....thats fun!  :c

:bikerider:

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »

I NEED A SEAT!!!! This sucks...want to be riding...

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

ONE PICTURE...THAT'S IT????  C'mon, we need more pics!! :notworthy:  If you can't ride, you could at least get a "photo shoot" going!  :stickpoke:

:congrats:

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2009, 04:48:02 PM »

wiring is hanging down on the sides still...so I didn't want to post a pic of that... haha  :thumbup:   damn speedo doesn't work either....i rode down the street and got not reading...everything else works on the guage ecxcept the speedo...damn...gotta take the tank back off now...  :cuss:

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2009, 10:00:58 PM »

wiring is hanging down on the sides still...so I didn't want to post a pic of that... haha  :thumbup:   damn speedo doesn't work either....i rode down the street and got not reading...everything else works on the guage ecxcept the speedo...damn...gotta take the tank back off now...  :cuss:

You can check the two green plugs up underneath the right side of the tank without having to remove the tank.  I broke the tabs off of mine a long time ago, and a few times they came loose while riding.  Hopefully it's an easy fix.

opos04

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2009, 10:53:20 PM »

That is one spooky bike! GREAT JOB!   :notworthy:
2007 1800N Charcoal

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2009, 11:44:00 PM »

I doubt its the connection on the green plugs since all the other lights on the new gage work. I'm guessing somewhere in the wiring, something isn't working.... I'll work on it this week i guess....

You can check the two green plugs up underneath the right side of the tank without having to remove the tank.  I broke the tabs off of mine a long time ago, and a few times they came loose while riding.  Hopefully it's an easy fix.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal