Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Bike project...  (Read 5629 times)

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
Re: Bike project...
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »

I doubt its the connection on the green plugs since all the other lights on the new gage work. I'm guessing somewhere in the wiring, something isn't working.... I'll work on it this week i guess....

Also, check that none of the pins are bent on either of those green plugs.  My highbeam light went out one time (or so I thought), but it turned out it was a bent pin in one of the plugs.  I carefully straightened the pin, and the light started working again.  I forgot how bright that sucker actually was!  :ohwow:

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2009, 06:18:53 PM »

as requested... cleaned up the bike this afternoon and hid some of the wiring.... I also rode it...but only about a mile...it was pretty rough on the butt sitting on gloves and wash mitts...  :bikerider:

Chad

• Board
  • Elvis
  • M G, TX.
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2009, 06:59:04 PM »

LOOKS like a KEEPER!!  :thumbup: Like the rims with the spoke part just painted!! Tell DA that I sent him a PM about a week ago!!  ;D
Member since 2004
RIP Torque Dec.18,1975-Apr.29,2009

wwaggett

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Clear Lake, Texas Always busy doing nothing at all
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2009, 08:44:53 PM »

:congrats:

Very nice.

Gumbo

• Board
  • Elvis
  • 06 1800R
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 09:13:01 PM »

I'm thinking for your own safety, I should test drive it for U - maybe take it to the party in the pines. Of course for you own safety.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :t :t
\"The moment you taste it, something wet and dark leaps on you and starts humping you like a swamp dog in heat, and the only way to get it off you is to eat it off, It\'s Gumbo!! If you don\'t eat it then the mystery beast will go right on humping you.

MRVTX

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Magnolia, TX
    • What I do...
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2009, 09:49:38 PM »

WOW!!!!  That is sick!!  :congrats:

bgreer

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2009, 02:47:50 PM »

Great looking bike...I'm really diggin the painted headlight shell...hmmm...after Dusty asked about Xtreme Revolution I went and looked...do they not offer that flamed shell anymore??....hmmmm....must stop...must stop...hmmmm...arghhh

ViciousNoob

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »

OH DAMN!!!

It don't get much better than that!!!!

If you have been asked this before, my apologies.... But where in the blue hell did you get those slick blinkers attached to your headlight ring? Did you just get small ones and modify it yourself? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
If I wasn't n00b, I sure would want to be!!! ;-)

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2009, 04:38:56 PM »

Yeah, Kury's that are drilled into the flange on the headlight....I'd do anything not to have those on there....I don't have blinkers in the rear or a turn signal switch anymore....but I still got those damn blinkers on the front.... :banghead:

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »

Look what just showed up on FEDEX! I'm going to be riding tonight!!! :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow: Provided the storms aren't hanging around Dallas...   :bikerider: :bikerider: :bikerider:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:43:43 AM by tx1300vtx »

LoneCobra

• Tejano
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2009, 10:47:48 AM »

Looks like a fat crocodile.....j/k

Very cool looking bike....congrats! :notworthy:

Niterider

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Houston, TX
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2009, 08:54:22 PM »

Great job!  It's a real work of art.

Just curious how much you've increased the fuel capacity by stretching the tank.

Mike
White '08 GL1800 with ABS, Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package
Black '03 1800C;  retro bars, RIVCO risers, BBP lightbar, mustang seat, Paladin backrest/luggage rack, etc.
White '06 GL1800 with Nav, Premium Stereo, Comfort Package

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2009, 09:27:04 PM »

Mike,

The tank stretch is purely cosmetic....

So...The first ride didn't last long... About 5 miles into the trip I finally hammered into the throttle pretty hard getting onto the highway from a backroad and immediately the bike started popping and died.... Coasted to a stop and me and DA looked it over for awhile looking for the culprit... I found the front spark plug wire had not been hooked back up... (don't ask cause i don't know)... So I hooked it back up and the bike fired up and off we were again....this time it lasted about 100 yards..died again... sat for a few minutes looking things over and it fired up and ran for about another hundred yards...so at this point I'm thinking that the fuel flow is really restricted and i'm just running the bowl out of fuel. Check the vacuum lines and all it hooked up all the fuel lines look good so I call a mechanic friend who also rides a honda....he said did you put new fuel filters in after your first tank of gas from having it painted....I said no...this is my first tank of fuel....he told me to limp it home and pull the filters off and look at them and he bets they are completely clogged....I was like well they weren't even installed when the tank was painted it was loose...he said yeah but think of all the sanding dust and other contaminants that got in your tank while it was being painted....Well...he's a smart SOB...Pulled the line off the back of the petcock and you should have seen the crap that came out it.... :ohwow:  well after cleaning all the lines we run the fuel out of the tank into a spare tank and hooked it all back up and things are looking good so far...We'll see tomorrow if I make it to work... :bikerider:   Pictures will come tomorow of the completed project...too tired and hungry tonight...never made it to twin peaks since I broke down... >:(

:c

da032

• Old Timer
  • McKinney, TX
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »

Mike,

The tank stretch is purely cosmetic....

So...The first ride didn't last long... About 5 miles into the trip I finally hammered into the throttle pretty hard getting onto the highway from a backroad and immediately the bike started popping and died.... Coasted to a stop and me and DA looked it over for awhile looking for the culprit... I found the front spark plug wire had not been hooked back up... (don't ask cause i don't know)... So I hooked it back up and the bike fired up and off we were again....this time it lasted about 100 yards..died again... sat for a few minutes looking things over and it fired up and ran for about another hundred yards...so at this point I'm thinking that the fuel flow is really restricted and i'm just running the bowl out of fuel. Check the vacuum lines and all it hooked up all the fuel lines look good so I call a mechanic friend who also rides a honda....he said did you put new fuel filters in after your first tank of gas from having it painted....I said no...this is my first tank of fuel....he told me to limp it home and pull the filters off and look at them and he bets they are completely clogged....I was like well they weren't even installed when the tank was painted it was loose...he said yeah but think of all the sanding dust and other contaminants that got in your tank while it was being painted....Well...he's a smart SOB...Pulled the line off the back of the petcock and you should have seen the crap that came out it.... :ohwow:  well after cleaning all the lines we run the fuel out of the tank into a spare tank and hooked it all back up and things are looking good so far...We'll see tomorrow if I make it to work... :bikerider:   Pictures will come tomorow of the completed project...too tired and hungry tonight...never made it to twin peaks since I broke down... >:(

:c
But the bike sure looked sweet next the dumpsters as we worked on it in a Texas Roadhouse parking lot!! hahaha j/k

tx1300vtx

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2009, 07:28:36 AM »

Made it to work....All is good! Installing a new inline fuel filter today and riding the crap out of it after that!

Here's some pics of the somewhat finished job. Still need to do a couple very small things....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal