Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How many photographers?  (Read 3590 times)

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
Re: How many photographers?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 07:32:23 AM »

WOW...huge difference...her eyes have more "pop" much better, thanks

Hats off to Brian (Patty?) for taking the "editing" well! Laughing, I mentioned this to my wife yesterday, and she mentioned that this may not be taken so well by a lot of women and their husbands, especially on a public forum...  :c

It's just a couple of photography buffs talking shop. No harm no foul. Tell your wife that the problem she needs to concentrate on is that she is married to a wannabe Nazi sympathizer.   >:D
YOU CAN ONLY BE YOUNG ONCE, BUT YOU CAN BE IMMATURE YOUR ENTIRE LIFE..

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 08:26:56 AM »

Mark,

Can you do that to this photo of me?

:c

Footnote: (for those that need it)

This is a photo of Errol Flynn. Actor, Hollywood playboy...gay rumors I believe...and noted Nazi Sympathizer during WW2. Jeff fancies himself a look a like.  :o

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other toy, '77 FJ40...
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 08:44:52 AM »

It's just a couple of photography buffs talking shop. No harm no foul. Tell your wife that the problem she needs to concentrate on is that she is married to a wannabe Nazi sympathizer.   >:D

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 08:50:07 AM »

Footnote: (for those that need it)

This is a photo of Errol Flynn. Actor, Hollywood playboy...gay rumors I believe...and noted Nazi Sympathizer during WW2. Jeff fancies himself a look a like.  :o

Corrected footnote, for those that might focus too heavily on the "gay rumors I believe" comment. From Wikipedia:

Flynn was notorious for his drinking, womanizing, and brawling. His freewheeling, hedonistic lifestyle caught up with him in November 1942 when two underage girls, Betty Hansen and Peggy Satterlee, accused him of statutory rape. A group was organized to support Flynn, named the American Boys' Club for the Defence of Errol Flynn (ABCDEF); its members included William F. Buckley, Jr. The trial took place in January and February of 1943, and Flynn was cleared of the charges. The incident served to increase his reputation as a ladies' man, which led to the popular phrase "in like Flynn", the phrase being later parodied in the James Coburn spy spoof "In Like Flint".

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

hooter

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • Itasca (just North of Hillsboro on sceanic I-35W)
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »

What I do today is very important because
I traded a day of my life for it.

Whatever you want to do, do it now.
  There are only so many tomorrows.

VT-XS

• Master Tejano Rider
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 10:45:24 AM »

Hooter....

Every once in while something turns up on one of these internet forums that is excellent. Your
post above is up ther bud. Gotta love it. LOL...

In this picture, with that caption...wearing those tights...does kinda look like Jeff.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:49:14 AM by VT-XS »

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »

In this picture, with that caption...wearing those tights...does kinda look like Jeff.  ;D

Don't be a hosiery hatah!!
 >:D ;D
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

Xmark

• Old Timer
  • San Marcos, TX
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 12:35:31 PM »

Hats off to Brian (Patty?) for taking the "editing" well! Laughing, I mentioned this to my wife yesterday, and she mentioned that this may not be taken so well by a lot of women and their husbands, especially on a public forum...  :c

Didn't know that was his wife! Oops. :-[

Yeh, just talking shop. Nothing personal intended.
Most professional portraits are "touched up" in this way. Just a trick of the trade.
Ever see a Playboy magazine? If you think those models weren't "airbrushed" extensively, I've got news for you...
"Life is like a jar of Jalapeno peppers.
What you do today, might Burn Your butt Tomorrow"

Lucky

• Board
  • Elvis
  • Canyon Lake, TX
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 12:44:19 PM »

It is amazing to think how much pictures are touched up now days.  Here is a good video about it

"Lucky" Connie
'06 Pearl Dark Blue 1300C
If you don't love what you're doing, then don't do it.
Your chances of success are directly proportional to the degree of pleasure you derive from what you do.

Xmark

• Old Timer
  • San Marcos, TX
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 12:50:51 PM »

It is amazing to think how much pictures are touched up now days.  Here is a good video about it

Pretty much says it all.
You can't always believe what you see anymore.

BTW... that picture of me in the blue shorts (on another thread) was photoshopped extensively. ;)

Luckys Lover

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • My other addiction
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 12:52:43 PM »

Xmark, Took out the potbelly and the sagging arms, did they?

Like this....

&feature=related
If stupidity got us into this mess, why can stupidity get us out of it? Will Rogers
I don't care what other people think. They don't do it very often!
Of Course it's dirty. It's hard to clean when the tires keep moving.

Xmark

• Old Timer
  • San Marcos, TX
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 12:59:36 PM »

Xmark, Took out the potbelly and the sagging arms, did they?

Like this....

&feature=related

Something like that. :laugh:

In fact... I have the exact same program featured in the youtube video. ;)

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM »

Ever see a Playboy magazine? If you think those models weren't "airbrushed" extensively, I've got news for you...

WHAT?!?!   >:(

;)
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300

bgreer

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »

Did I miss something....was the photoshop unflattering in some way? Why wouldn't she take it well? I have edited nearly every picture I've taken of her, not because she needed it but because my photography did. My intent of this post was to learn how to better capture how beautifull she really is. Anyway...I don't have to explain myself to her so why should I to anyone else

jmdaniel

• Texas X Rider OverLord
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 04:17:06 PM »

Did I miss something....was the photoshop unflattering in some way? Why wouldn't she take it well? I have edited nearly every picture I've taken of her, not because she needed it but because my photography did. My intent of this post was to learn how to better capture how beautifull she really is. Anyway...I don't have to explain myself to her so why should I to anyone else

No worries, Brian. In fact, congratulations to you for being with a very confident woman. There are a lot of folks, male and female, that would take offense at someone taking a picture of them and "improving" that picture, no matter what the intention of that action, even as harmless as Xmark's actions seem to be. Neither you nor Pattie did, so hats off to you!  :thumbup:
-- Unknown

2016 Honda F6B Deluxe
2007 Yamaha FJR1300A
2003 Honda VTX 1300
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal