Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Tech Sessions  (Read 13093 times)

VTXDEMON

Re: Tech Sessions
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2006, 08:39:46 PM »

I'll Pm you the info...

Swampfox

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2006, 11:07:50 AM »

MY BIKE IS CLOSING IN ON 8000 MILES.  I NEED A VALVE ADJUSTMENT BEFORE I RIDE TO THE RALLIES.  BBTIII IS GETTING CLOSER.  I WANT TO GO BUT WITHOUT A FREE VALVE ADJUSTMENT I JUST CAN'T MAKE BOTH WEEKINS AND WITHOUT ADJUSTMENT I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MILES LEFT TO MAKE EITHER WEEKINS. SO WHO'S GOING TO HELP ME OUT OR DO I JUST PARK IT AND SAVE UP MONEY TO PAY THE DEALER?  I HATE TO SOUND SO CHEAP BUT YOU KNOW I BEEN WITHOUT WORK SINCE JULY OF 2004 BECUASE OF MY ILLNESS WITH THE WEST NILE VIRUS.   :-\

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2006, 12:30:06 PM »

swampy, this is only my personal opinion. if you have had your vales checked at 600 miles, you dont need them done, no one can tell me that valves wear more than the tolarance given in 7400 miles, if you really feel you have to have them checked, if you go a K or more over the 8K, dont sweat it, just get them checked when you get back. dont let it stop you from riding bro.
and as for advertizing you have to get stuff done for free or you wont go.....well ill leave that at that.
I used to have 1000 post on the old board.

www.pepsX.com

Swampfox

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2006, 01:50:34 PM »

swampy, this is only my personal opinion. if you have had your vales checked at 600 miles, you dont need them done, no one can tell me that valves wear more than the tolarance given in 7400 miles, if you really feel you have to have them checked, if you go a K or more over the 8K, dont sweat it, just get them checked when you get back. dont let it stop you from riding bro.
and as for advertizing you have to get stuff done for free or you wont go.....well ill leave that at that.

I can't do all three Valves, BBTIII and the Hangover too! Also In all of that My boat tag and trailor my hunting and fishing license truck Inspection, tag re-newal and A trip to Ohio see family in-laws and My family reunion in South Carolina. "It's not wont go" The money it would cost to pay a dealer, would cover one of this trips.  I'm not going to all of the event because the money not going to make it and I'm not going to keep spending more than my means........... Where is your ring read the post don't re-quote me in your own words "as for advertising you have to get stuff done for free or you wont go".....that's not what I said.
 free VALVE ADJUSTMENT is just one thing that I could do free and not have to pay a dealer .... you sound like your trying to belittle me.  Whats-up with that?

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2006, 02:08:31 PM »

I can't do all three Valves, BBTIII and the Hangover too! Also In all of that My boat tag and trailor my hunting and fishing license truck Inspection, tag re-newal and A trip to Ohio see family in-laws and My family reunion in South Carolina. "It's not wont go" The money it would cost to pay a dealer, would cover one of this trips.  I'm not going to all of the event because the money not going to make it and I'm not going to keep spending more than my means........... Where is your ring read the post don't re-quote me in your own words "as for advertising you have to get stuff done for free or you wont go".....that's not what I said.
 free VALVE ADJUSTMENT is just one thing that I could do free and not have to pay a dealer .... you sound like your trying to belittle me.  Whats-up with that?

not trying to belittle the swamper, just saying, i would skip the valves and dont spend money at the dealer for that.
if you can only make one BBT, go to the first one, there will be more socializing there and i know yo love that too.
checking the valves is no big deal, just takes time to do it.

www.pepsX.com

ChipsMayhem

• Rider
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2006, 06:01:57 AM »

PM me the info too plz.. I would like to attend the tech session. I am gonna get with pepsX  this week (hopefully) and get a stand. I am also going to sears tomorrow to get a bike jack, so I 'll have that with me.. BTW I noticed my rear brakes look like the pads need replacement, is it easy to do? I just ordered replacements from HDL and some new grips as well.. 8)   I sent you a message PepsX, give me a call so we can get together.. Thanks..
2003 1800C Candy Red VTX. Cool X Air Box, Custom luggage rack & back rest, Paladin Highway Bars, Memphis Fats Windscreen, Progressive fork springs, Kuryakyn grips, AMA member, MRF member, Patriot Guard member, Nellie Rose is her name.. VTX on a budget!!!

VTXDEMON

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2006, 11:08:48 PM »

My address is

2930 Aspen Park Ln
Houston, TX 77084

I live off of I-10 and Barker Cypress  by Cullen park.

My cell # is 713-876-0918

PokerBum

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2006, 12:55:37 PM »

ok, I'll be by Thurs evening after calling you first  to drop off a stand and jack 8)

VTXDEMON

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2006, 09:15:53 PM »

I'll be home right after 6:30 pm...  also If I can get a head count so I can get us some food...  Also if we can get together early around 9:30 OR 10 AM 

I got some PM's from a few guys, so I figure i'll answer all of you in this post vs sending several pms...

call me if you need directions..

2930 aspen Park Ln
Houston, TX 77084
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:51:26 PM by VTXDEMON »

snake

• Master of Monumental Proportions
  • What a ride it's been!
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2006, 10:48:44 PM »

Dang Swampy! You do pretty good for a guy with no job for two years. I think we need a "get toys" tech session so poor working bstds like me can get some info from you! :)
:ohwow: signed: A reality-challenged left wingnut!
     420! Yeah, baby!

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2006, 06:04:39 AM »

Gabe
Ill be over at about 9:30ish, can stay til noon-ish, then got to go weld stands. I dont need anything done to my bike, but willing to lend a hand to them that do. Ill bring some "early morning refreshment" (beer)
if anyone needs a stebel horn bracket put on, let me know, ill throw some in the truck.

www.pepsX.com

PokerBum

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2006, 09:56:06 PM »

Hey Gabe, I didn't forget, just got busy, gonna give ya call Fri.

pepsX

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Missouri City TX
    • pepsX products
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2006, 05:58:58 AM »

Gabe, i changed up my plan so i can spend more time there, ill be over at at 11ish

www.pepsX.com

VTXDEMON

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2006, 06:29:09 AM »

no problem guys... I still want to get a head count so I'll know how ,much FAJITA meat I need to buy...

please confirm your attendence if you want to be fed.

ChipsMayhem

• Rider
« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2006, 09:38:50 PM »

Are we talking thrusday the 18th?
2003 1800C Candy Red VTX. Cool X Air Box, Custom luggage rack & back rest, Paladin Highway Bars, Memphis Fats Windscreen, Progressive fork springs, Kuryakyn grips, AMA member, MRF member, Patriot Guard member, Nellie Rose is her name.. VTX on a budget!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal