Texas X Riders

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Tech Sessions  (Read 13107 times)

Brookster

• Old Timer
Re: Tech Sessions
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2006, 06:49:12 AM »

Wow,
I have to agree with Tapper as a group we should work all together.Yes we had a mistake on the dates .That is a Buck Rogers but thats no reason to schedule a tech session  because I would like to get together so I could replace my cluck (?) and possibly bearing.I don't have tons of wrenches but I have a jack,garage and BBQ pit.
PARTY HARD RIDE HARDER !

ChipsMayhem

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2006, 09:34:34 AM »

Well I am down with a tech session to do clutch. I still have the original clutch in my "X" and would LOVE to change it out. I have read it really helps with the CLUNK sound when you change gears and it just works better. I don't plan to attend the rally this year. Perhaps next year after I get all my mods done.. ;) 
2003 1800C Candy Red VTX. Cool X Air Box, Custom luggage rack & back rest, Paladin Highway Bars, Memphis Fats Windscreen, Progressive fork springs, Kuryakyn grips, AMA member, MRF member, Patriot Guard member, Nellie Rose is her name.. VTX on a budget!!!

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2006, 09:41:38 AM »

Nobodies saying don't do a tech session.  Hell, they're great, and a big part of the club.  Do more!  Just don't schedule one on top of an important club date.  Do it the weekend after.  or two weeks after. 
Yeah, that Tapper.

VTXDEMON

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2006, 10:39:04 AM »

Again, the guys interetsed in the tech session are not going to the rally... it makes no difference whatsoever to the outcome of the rally if we do a tech session or not...  Whom ever chooses to go to the rally will go to the rally and by now they should have it all planed out I hope...  Since some of us are not going to the rally, what difference does it make if we work in our bikes that same weekend????

vernjoe

• Old Timer
  • Friendswood, Tx
    • Faythjo Productions
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2006, 10:48:58 AM »

Man, wish I could find the pic of the smiley eating popcorn and drinking beer...........this is going to be a good one.

Now what about the people that are attending the rally but would also like to attend a tech session just fellowship??  How quickly we have forgotten that this is "OUR" group and it will only remain that way if "WE" make it work. 

Now how about "US" making it work ::)
'02 C with a few extras

VTXDEMON

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2006, 11:43:28 AM »

Man, wish I could find the pic of the smiley eating popcorn and drinking beer...........this is going to be a good one.

Now what about the people that are attending the rally but would also like to attend a tech session just fellowship??  How quickly we have forgotten that this is "OUR" group and it will only remain that way if "WE" make it work. 

Now how about "US" making it work ::)

Come on now...   ::)   If you are going to the rally, go to the rally, when you are back from the rally have a tech session... This will not be the only tech session this year...  For us that are going on the 19th, the date works well... unless we can push it back to the 6th  (some of us may have to work).

My offer still stands... if anyone wants to come by and have a tech session, let's get it going...  I'll like to have my bike ready for the 19th...  so Dan, if you are reading this and I know you are...  are you coming to the tech session??  Steve, can you also make it?

Please post here if you are planing on stoping by.
I'll like to get a head count so I can get the food and drinks taken care of.

In the other hand... if anyone that was/is interested in having a tech session has changed his/her mind and feel that we should not have a tech session because everyone else is at the rally please say so...  I’ll be damned if we don't have one just because someone says we should not have it just because is the weekend of the rally.

cybrhick

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2006, 12:37:31 PM »

Well, Gabe, I will be busy that weekend, hence the reason I could not make the rally. However, I wonder where this is going to end. Will we no longer be able to have a tech session on the weekend of a statewide meet? I thought we decided on organization solely for the purpose of haveing a non-profit bank account. I think the beauty of this group is that no matter where you live, or what week it is, there are always several things going on in this group. If this is stricktly about money, realize that you WILL NOT have as great a turn out due to the fact that the dates were changed pretty much last minute. That fact is not anyones fault. If we need money to handle the arrangements of BBT, just say it and we, as a group, will be more than happy to take care of it. But don't try to make the low attendance out to be the fault of others in the group. JMHO.

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2006, 01:53:34 PM »

We schedule one big event a year.  51 other weeks a year, we encourage folks to set up meets, rides, tech sessions, etc.  But on that one weekend, the club has a big event, and needs everyone to get behind the wagon and pull, and make the club's event a success. 

We had a date error.  And that has created a hill we have to climb.  That means we have to work a little harder to overcome it, not throw dirt on the hill and make it higher, in the name of personal wants.

There's a time to put self-interest aside, and work for the benefit of all.  I'm sorry you couldn't make the rally date, I really am.  But AppleSauce happens.  The two of you are arguing a point I don't believe for a second you really believe.  You're not that selfish.
Yeah, that Tapper.

VTXDEMON

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2006, 02:12:43 PM »

I don't understand how having a tech session for the people that is not going to the rally the same weekend of the rally is going to hurt the group...  We are not able to make out there untill the week after the rally...  if you honestly think that I'm pushing to get this tech session just to rain in your parade you are wrong...  My bike is all in pieces in the garage and me hosting a tech session the 13th means that I could possibly ride it the following weekend to the hill country... believe me, I'll do whatever I can to make it happen...  If me wanting to finish my bike to make it out there in the 19th is being selfish, so be it.

cybrhick

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2006, 03:20:27 PM »

I'd like to hear RD's take on all this. Please tell me what has been done to "throw dirt" on BBT3. Honestly. Tell you what Tapper. I'm gonna do our "NOT Rally" on the weekend of the19th (which my vacation was scheduled for), and then I'm gonna seriously reconsider my affiliation with this "organization". There are some great people here, but I originally joined this group because it was not politically involved. You seem to act like everyone should rearrange their lives to accomodate this scheduling nightmare. Are you telling us that if we can't make BBT3 we need to stay at home in our house all weekend? Too late, somebody just posted a 5 state run during BBT3 weekend. The selfish bastard.

Tapper

• Jakeleg
  • Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

Well, I suppose you could do that.  You could continue to heat up the rhetoric, make senseless threats, insult my heritage, and generally stomp your feet in frustration that someone has dared point out that you might be doing something worth reconsidering.

Alternatively, you can consider what I've said, and make the enormous super galactic, earth shattering concession of simply not pimping your personal ride in competition with the club's event.  You'd still be able to ride on the 19th, still be able to do pretty much everything you wanted to do in the first place, and no doubt your BM's would remain regular as clockwork as well.

But it's your call.  I've said what I intended to say.
Yeah, that Tapper.

bIgPrO

• Texas X Rider OverLord
  • Houston, South Side
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2006, 08:05:49 PM »

Again, the guys interetsed in the tech session are not going to the rally... it makes no difference whatsoever to the outcome of the rally if we do a tech session or not...  Whom ever chooses to go to the rally will go to the rally and by now they should have it all planed out I hope...  Since some of us are not going to the rally, what difference does it make if we work in our bikes that same weekend????

Well since I started this thread I am going to put in my .02. I am interested in a tech session so that is why I posted it. Oh.. I am also attending the Rally. Hell if I lived in DFW I would just have Tapper fix my bike.

The Rally comes around once a year. We can schedule a tech session any time so I think it is a great idea to just wait until the rally has passed.
Bigbear
NO X :(

07 Big Bear Chopper
300 rear tire, 44 degree rake,
S&S 100 Smooth,BBC Tornado Air Kit,V-Twin Pirate footpegs, 191/4 seat height

Maw Maw

• Old Timer
  • Liberty Hill, TX
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2006, 06:25:02 AM »

Since I seriously doubt anyone going to BBTIII would cancel to attend a tech session, I don't see what the problem is. ???
Pat
2004 VTX 1300

KEBS

• Master Tejano Rider
  • Spring, Texas
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2006, 06:32:40 AM »

Since I seriously doubt anyone going to BBTIII would cancel to attend a tech session, I don't see what the problem is. ???
Pat

I think it is the last word syndrome... ;)
Becca
2002 Silver VTX 1800C - no more it's gone gone
2007 FXSTSSE (HD Soft Tail Springer Screaming Eagle 110)
2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

http://www.myspace.com/spankmesweet

VTXDEMON

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2006, 06:42:26 AM »

MY GARAGE WILL BE READY TO HOST IT... LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal